FGV Cambridge Nanosystems Ltd is a high tech company established in 2012 as a spin-off from the University of Cambridge. We specialise in the large scale production of ultra-high-quality graphene powders because we want to improve the performance of consumer and industrial products by incorporating and testing graphene in their various applications. Our process for making the “miracle material” graphene uses a unique [really, world-wide unique!], one-step plasma technology we’ve developed in-house.
We are looking for an experienced Technician [Mechanical/Operations] to join our team in a technology automatisation and scale-up effort.
About the role
This is an exclusively lab based role which entails:
- Troubleshooting problems with equipment and devices.
- Drilling, soldering, welding, sawing and cutting, using lathes, Dremel, etc.
- Assisting engineers in developing, building and testing prototypes, new processes or projects.
- Planning and laying out work to meet schedule requirements.
- Selecting cleaning materials, tools or equipment.
- Cleaning of production equipment or work areas.
Like every good technician, you should be able to:
- read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets and process sheets
- perform testing, build fixtures, assess and trouble-shoot equipment
- build subassemblies or final assemblies
- perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- perform all assigned tasks/work independently and complete work on schedule.
You have a:
- basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems.
- working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices.
- manual dexterity and problem-solving skills.
You are in good physical condition and display a willingness to work overtime if required.
You will be part of:
- a very committed and energetic team that
- develops a new and
- world-wide unique technology to make
- graphene, ‘the wonder material of the 21st century’
- by converting a greenhouse gas, thereby helping to save the planet. What could be more rewarding?
- Regular bonding activities [like charity runs, design challenges, dinners, etc] and
- our employees enjoy free car parking.
You’ll be based in our beautiful new 2500 m2 lab and office building off Newmarket Road close to the historic city centre of Cambridge with its plentiful offers of art, entertainment and sporting facilities and right by the picturesque Cam river conservatory.
Appointment will be based on merit alone.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
To contact us about this role please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your hands-on work experience.
Please submit your application by 5 December 2016.